- Unattached Coaches must have a swimmer entered in the meet to be on deck
- Unattached swimmers must have a certified USA coach on deck with them at all times
- Swimmers who are registered as Unattached, and not with any team, must be meet entered with paper entries only! This does not apply to swimmers who are Unattached because they are waiting out a 120 day transfer.
- Swimmers who are registered as Unattached, and not with any team, must be entered into a meet with the following designation only: UN MD. This does not apply to swimmers who are Unattached because they are waiting out a 120 day transfer.
- NAAC Open Water Swim September 12, 2015
- RAC Columbus Day Meet October 2, 2015 Officials Sign Up Link
- ASC All Freestyle Meet October 9, 2015
- CBAC "A" & U Meet October 16, 2015
- CAA Mid Distance Meet October 24, 2015 Officials Sign Up Link
- ASC Mid Distance Meet October 24, 2015
- NBAC Fall Fastival October 30, 2015 Officials Sign Up Link
Upcoming Officials Clinics
Maryland Swimming is a
USA Swimming LEAP 3 LSC
Swim Meet Manager
powered by ACTIVE Swim
Welcome to Maryland Swimming!!!
[Member of USA Swimming]
Maryland Swimming Incorporated
P.O. Box 255
Shrewsbury, PA 17361-0255
General Chair: John McDonough
Maryland Swimming Office: Pat Kaplan
410-830-0570 Please leave a message
CLICK HERE TO FIND A MARYLAND SWIM TEAM
This website is designed to inform, educate, and communicate with the members of Maryland Swimming and members of the greater community interested in promoting, developing, or learning about competitive swimming.
All photos are contributed by Dan Phelps, NAAC dad, and are available and free to download. Click here.
General Info and Announcements
Congratulations and Welcome to Maryland Swimming
Hagerstown YMCA - HAGY
Head Coach: Roxy Thurmond
September 1, 2015:
2015-16 Swim Year Registration is now open
2014-15 Grant Program Submission is now closed.
Something new & exciting for Officials!!
OPEN WATER OFFICIALS CLINIC
Learn the dramatic difference between observation in the pool vs. the open water!
Saturday, September 12, 2015
NAAC Open Water Swim
Bay Ridge Community Beach
2 Herndon Ave., Annapolis, MD
Meet at the automatic timing kiosk
Facilitators: Bill Dougherty and Bruce Mooney
Grace Huckenpoehler, CGA, Loyola University of Maryland
Brittany Kim, EST, Amherst College
Katie McComas, NBAC, University of South Carolina
Amanda Meinschein, FAST, Dickinson College
Jeffrey Tse, GBSA, Swathmore College
Molly Updegraff, MAC, St. Louis University
AAAA Bag Tags!!! Make sure you get yours - Swim a new AAAA time in an event then make sure your coach requests your tag!
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — The 2016 U.S. Olympic swim trials in Omaha, Nebraska, will take place June 26-July 3.
Olympic Trials Qualifying Times Announced
Answers to FAQ:
Why don't we hold swim meets at University of MD College Park?
The University, located in PG County, is not a part of Maryland Swimming and is currently not available to us. Maryland Swimming does not include PG or Montgomery Counties - they belong to Potomac Valley Swimming, who has the rights to the UM pool..
Why is the concession food not really for swimmers, or very limited in selection, at many meets?
Many facilities that are rented for a swim meet, have food services that we are required to employ - teams can not bring in their own food to sell or their own food vendors into the venue. With those large Facility Concession Vendors, there is no leeway in what food they offer for sporting events - or any type of event. Many of our meet hosts have attempted to discuss this with the vendors, but it is not feasible, or profitable, for them to purchase different (healthier) items for a swim meet - than they would sell at a basketball game or football game or a concert. Best suggestion for your swimmer - have them bring a small cooler, or insulated bag, packed with what they like to eat! Don't blame the meet host - in more and more facilities, they have absolutely no control over the concessions.
Questions you would like answered - email firstname.lastname@example.org include your name for a personal reply.
Keeping Up With DECK PASS
USA Swimming continues to improve Deck Pass for the swim community and frequently gets asked, “how can we promote this to our parents and athletes.” :
• What is Deck Pass?
• How to Promote Deck Pass to Parents
USA Swimming's New Safe Sport Page! Click Here
All USA Teams must now have a Bullying Policy and an Electronic Communication Policy in place. Both are mandated by USA Swimming and are to be agreed to by all coaches,athletes and parents on each club..