Upcoming Officials Clinics
Swim Meet Manager
powered by ACTIVE Swim
Job Openings: Year Round & Summer
USA/MD Swimming Year Round Opportunities
(Scroll down for Summer Opportunities)
POSITION: McDaniel College Graduate Assistant Coach
SUMMARY:Reporting to a Head Coach a graduate assistant coach is responsible for supporting the management of a varsity intercollegiate sport program at the college. Duties will include support in coaching, recruiting, practice and game organization and team operations, retention and administration. In addition, graduate assistants will serve as game management staff at assigned off-season intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree and successful coaching, playing, and/or teaching experience is required. Experience at the intercollegiate level is preferred.
Tuition waiver covering fall, spring, and summer
lunch meal plan for fall, jan term, and spring
Additional money teaching lessons, and coaching with club
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but not limited to:
- Assist head coach in organizing and conducting practices and contests.
- Assist in the hiring, supervision and evaluation of student assistants.
- Assist in the recruitment of a diverse group of qualified student athletes for successful participation at the varsity athletic level
- Advise and direct team members, captains, Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) team representatives and team managers as directed.
- Assist the head coach with team travel, housing and meals with department secretary.Submit a travel itinerary before every away event.
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all college and professional sport association guidelines
- Adhere to all NCAA, Centennial Conference, ECAC and sport rules and regulations.
- Communicate and cooperate with the other department staff in regard to program operations (sports information, sports medicine, budget, equipment room, administration …)
- Serve as game administrator at intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned by head coach and department
McDaniel College Swimming
The Y in Central Maryland has a Swim Team Coach II position available at our Dancel Family Center Y location. The Dancel Family Center Y is located at 4331 Montgomery Road , Ellicott City
Under the direction of the Swim Director and/or Swim Coordinator, Swim Team Coach II assists in the supervision of all aspects of the competitive swimming program. This includes teaching, administration, and deck coaching as a representative of the Y at all team events and functions.
- Train and supervise swimmers as directed by the head swim team coach in the Y competitive philosophy.
- Conduct safe, effective team practices and swim meet warm-up sessions.
- Communicate as necessary with parents and other coaches regarding assignments, swimmer progress, and upcoming events.
- Provide a positive role model for youth in all functions as a representative of the Y.
- Communicate team needs and requests to the Swim Coach III (Head Swim Team Coach).
Hot and humid environment with moderate physical exercise.
Pool safety and instructional equipment, some computer skills.
- Lifeguard or Coach's Safety training, CPR and First Aid certifications required within first 90 days of employment. Background in Health, Physical Education, or Recreation preferred.
1-2 years experience in competitive swimming is required for Swim Team Coach II
Mariner Swim Club, Inc. (MSC) is searching for up to 3 coaches.
Qualified candidates should have some coaching experience and/or strong background in the sport of swimming.
MSC is a USA competitive swim club that swims out of the Gilman School in Northern Baltimore City. Our club's mission is to give age group swimmers the opportunity to balance personal achievement and fun by developing competitive skills, values, and sportsmanship. We are an athlete centered program that recognizes and encourages the best in each swimmer, creates a team environment where everyone feels invested in the overall success of the program, motivates swimmers through positive reinforcement, and provides professional, progressive coaches who recognize their position as teachers and role models.
MSC is looking for coaches who are enthusiastic, knowledgeable, goal driven, open minded, ethical, and able to communicate well with parents, fellow coaches, and swimmers. Candidates should have one or more seasons of coaching experience with another USA swim club, summer program, YMCA, Middle School, or High School team. MSC is also open to swim lesson instructors looking to make a transition into competitive swimming. Candidates must have or be willing to get all required certifications (First Aid, CPR, safety training for coaches, etc.)
MSC offers a competitive hourly wage based upon experience, as well as flexible hours. In addition, MSC covers team travel expenses, continuing education, and professional memberships. Responsibilities include: 15 or more hours per week, swim meets every month or more, and development opportunity, daily practice planning and management.
Interested candidates may send a Cover Letter and Resume to Carl Barr by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winner Gets a $15 i-Tunes Gift Card
Any registered MD Swimming swimmer is welcome to play!!!
New Question: TRIVIA WILL RETURN IN SEPTEMBER
Last Month's Winner: Jessica Berry, FSC
Last Month's Answer: He swam the entire 50 meters underwater.
Check out Previous Trivia Questions
Please email your answers to email@example.com by Noon
How to play
Winner will be determined by a random drawing from all of the correct answers submitted.