as the local organizing committee of USA Swimming, plans and conducts swimming activities in which athletes strive to reach their full potential in the sport of competitive swimming.
2014 Maryland LC State Championship Meet
Swim Meet Manager
powered by ACTIVE Swim
MD Swimming Trivia Info
Here is how it works:
1. Look for a new trivia question every month on the right side of the Home Page or Swimmer Main Page.
2. Figure out the answer.
3. Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Include your name, team and answer in your email.
5. MD Swimming will put all correct answers in a hat.
6. One name will be pulled from the hat at random.
7. The person picked will win a $15 i-Tunes gift card.
8. The gift card will be mailed to the winner.
Only MD registered members are eligible to play.
Each person may only submit one answer per trivia question.
Winner Gets a $15 i-Tunes Gift Card
The introduction of goggles to competitive swimming in the late 1960's is widely regarded as one of the greatest transformational technological advances in the history of the sport. Prior to their introduction, the amount of time swimmers could spend training or swimming distances, was limited by the harmful effects of chlorine and salt water on the eyes.
Who was the first swimmer to wear goggles in International pool competition, and what country was he from?
Swimmers who have answered correctly: John Fitzsimmons, Lance Rombro, Jonathan Daniel, Evan Weber, Anna Mason, Tess Beckett, Maddie Dooley, Lauren Waire, James Petrera, Ryan Miller
Last Month's Winner : Lauren Waire, NBAC
Winner will be determined by a random drawing from all of the correct answers submitted.