as the local organizing committee of USA Swimming, plans and conducts swimming activities in which athletes strive to reach their full potential in the sport of competitive swimming.
Swim Meet Manager
powered by ACTIVE Swim
MD Swimming Trivia Info
Here is how it works:
1. Look for a new trivia question every month on the right side of the Home Page or Swimmer Main Page.
2. Figure out the answer.
3. Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Include your name, team and answer in your email.
5. MD Swimming will put all correct answers in a hat.
6. One name will be pulled from the hat at random.
7. The person picked will win a $15 i-Tunes gift card.
8. The gift card will be mailed to the winner.
Only MD registered members are eligible to play.
Each person may only submit one answer per trivia question.
Winner Gets a $15 i-Tunes Gift Card
New Question: In 1922, this man became the first person to swim the 100 m in less than a minute, using a six kicks per cycle Australian crawl. He started the golden age of swimming, winning five Olympic medals and 36 national championships and never losing a race in his ten-year career, until he retired from swimming and started his second career starring as Tarzan in film. His record of 51 seconds in 100-yard freestyle stood for over 17 years. Who was this man?
Answer: Katie Hoff
Winner will be determined by a random drawing from all of the correct answers submitted.