MD Swimming Diversity Liason: Bill Kirkner firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach Discount Membership Information and Reimbursement:
- Meet Fee Reimbursement Form
- Entry Fee Reimbursement Guidelines
- Outreach Application Form
- For qualified swimmers the USA Swimming Membership fee is reduced to $7.
- To qualify you must prove eligibility. Your club registrar can assist.
- For more information please contact Bill Kirkner
- Link to Interview with Cullen Jones
Diversity Swimming Quick Facts:
- 9 people drown each day in the U.S.
- In ethnically-diverse communities, the youth drowning rate is more than double the national average.
- Nearly six out of 10 African American and Hispanic/Latino children are unable to swim, nearly twice as many as their Caucasian counterparts.
- The key indicator in this was not race, but family -- Children from non-swimming households are eight times more likely to be at-risk of drowning
By teaching these children, Make a Splash is breaking the cycle and creating generations of parents-to-be who will know how to swim!!!
About Make a Splash www.makeasplash.org
Make a Splash is a national child-focused anti-drowning initiative created by The USA Swimming Foundation which operates by aligning the nation’s top learn-to-swim resources in an effort to save lives. Make a Splash educates parents through a national awareness campaign, saves lives by joining forces with grassroots learn-to-swim programs and reaches thousands of children through wide-reaching in-school materials. The program exists because nine people drown each day in the U.S., and in ethnically-diverse communities the youth drowning rate is 2-3 times higher.
About the USA Swimming Foundation www.SwimFoundation.org
Respected for its mission, its strength of programs and its record of excellence, USA Swimming is a blue-ribbon institution in both amateur athletic and community service arenas. Through USA Swimming and the USA Swimming Foundation, millions of America’s youth have been introduced to the sport of swimming and have experienced the life-altering power of the sport – they see it manifest itself in ways such as safety, health and fitness, academic achievement, improved social skills, discipline, focus, community leadership and eventual personal and professional success. Based in Colorado Springs, the Foundation is governed by its own board of directors and is managed by USA Swimming staff members.
Constraints Impacting Minority Swimming Participation
Summary of Constraints Survey
Winner Gets a $15 i-Tunes Gift Card
Any registered MD Swimming swimmer is welcome to play!!!
New Question: President John F. Kennedy, a backstroker, was on the first Harvard Swim Team to ever defeat their arch rival_____________. What is the name of the Ivy League School he helped beat for the first time?
Swimmers who have answered correctly: Lance Rombro, Ian Corey, Nathaniel Robinson, Jack Keith, Nicole Appiani, Max Klemm
Last Month's Winner: Averey Johnson, MAC
Last Month's Answer: There were actually 2 correct answers: They were made out of wood and they were for his hands. He called them "Fins" but they were actually more like the modern era "hand paddles".
Check out Previous Trivia Questions
Please email your answers to email@example.com by February 12, 2015
How to play
Winner will be determined by a random drawing from all of the correct answers submitted.